Contributes to the success of SightLife by serving as a financial resource in providing stakeholders with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, preparing financial statements, as required for effective financial management of SightLife. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate internal controls and recommend process enhancements to improve efficiency and quality. Lead projects to enhance internal controls and enforce inter-departmental compliance.
- Coordinate external audits.
- Perform monthly variance analysis by GL account against prior periods and budget.
- Prepare, review and approve journal entries.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information and supporting integration.
- Conduct global accounting operations.
- Conduct technical accounting research and prepare supporting documentation, analyses and accounting whitepapers for technical accounting matters.
- Communicate complex information to multiple audiences, internal and external, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Supports the Mission and Values of SightLife in all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting required. Masters of Accounting preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ of progressive experience in Accounting.
- CPA and Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Nonprofit and/or health care industry experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting rules and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Ability to use accounting concepts, experience, analytical skills, and industry knowledge to resolve complex issues in a creative and effective way.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Experience with accounting systems; NetSuite and SalesForce software a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across a broad range of levels and functions within the organization.
- Team player with great interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to produce work with a high degree of accuracy, while also possessing ability to step back and support business processes and objectives.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines.
- Demonstrates passion for the Mission and Values of SightLife, including personal support of organ and tissue donation.