This is a SightLife Surgical PositionPrimary Purpose:Responsible for performing daily tissue distribution tasks in a manner that maintains and improves distribution relationships with local, national, and international surgeons and eye banks. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
- Perform all daily routine aspects of tissue distribution logistics and delivery.
- Provide excellent customer service to surgeons and surgical staff.
- Ensure donor corneas are distributed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Perform specular microscopy evaluation of donor corneas.
- Perform tasks related to import and export of tissue for international contacts.
- Accurately enter surgery related information into appropriate database(s).
- Deliver local tissue when needed.
- Perform monthly audits of stock tissue and devices.
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to interact effectively with all SightLife staff.
- In all daily activities, strive to support the Mission, Vision, and Values of SightLife.
- A personal commitment to organ and tissue donation required.
- Must be able to work long hours, nights, and weekends when needed.
- Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver's license, and be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
- High School or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s in related field or 3 years experience in Ophthalmology related position preferred.